ABOUT RESTORATIVE JUSTICE
Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin, Inc. is currently operated through citizen volunteers and three paid staff. Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin is an official non-profit corporation. There are 10 board of directors. Volunteer facilitators are our most valuable resource and have an important sustaining role in this initiative.
Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin, Inc. mission is to connect individuals, strengthen relationships, and build safe communities through the use of restorative justice principles.
Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin’s goals include:
- Acknowledging the harm done to victims and their families and inviting full participation to engage in sensitive dialogue that will help victims recover from their experience and be able to move forward in their lives.
- This organization is to offer opportunities for a restorative response to crime and to invite victims, the community, and the offender to participate in repairing the harm and strengthening the community.
- Holding offenders accountable for their actions and giving opportunities for offenders to repair the harm they caused, to earn back trust in the community and to re-gain self-respect.
- Strengthening the community by creating awareness of the needs of people affected by crimes and invited participation in the Restorative Justice process through supporting those affected by crime. Ongoing opportunities will also be available for citizens who want to be trained as volunteer facilitators.
- To provide Education to youth on the Impact of victims and crime.
- Provide a Community Service program where offenders can earn back trust in the community and to regain self respect.
- Educate the community on Restorative Justice.
Brandy has worked for Restorative Justice of Northwest Wisconsin since November 2006.
Married and mother of 2 kids. She has five years of court room experience as a deputy court administrator in Minnesota and 3 years of accounting. She is seasoned in administration, marketing, grant writing, and insurance billing.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Restorative Justice Northwest Wisconsin Board of Directors for 2019 include: Ken Kutz, Halle Pardun,Chris Sybers, Joe Wacek, Bill Johnson, Marge McCardle, Tracy Finch, Kayla Woody.
Read the Board of Directors’ biographies by clicking on their names below: